Hey there, lovely people online! How are you? I just realized that I have so many backlogs for this blog, especially posts about my recent travels, but every time I sit down and try to work on it, I just can’t seem to proceed. How sad is that? :(
Anyway, we’ve been here in Manila for 2 months already, and I can say we’ve already adjusted to the environment. There are times when I really miss Cebu, and all I wanna do is go home and continue with my life there. But this is part of the adventure, and I’ll have to go through with it in the next 4 months. Oh well, kapit lang! :P
Here are the things that happened since my last life update:
- Karen, Johnel, and I (we call ourselves the Minions) went to Divisoria to buy some stuff. I’m not really into shopping, but I went there to buy some clothes for my trip to South Korea! XD
- Being in Manila brings joyful little moments, and celebrating when friends from Cebu come to visit you is one of them! We got to enjoy the food from Zark’s and Conti’s!
- I’ve gone home to Cebu twice already. The first was last September (the last time I ‘lived’ in our old home), then I went to Siargao. The second was last October (the first time I ‘lived’ in our new home), then I went to South Korea (I’ll blog about this trip soon). In short, it’s just like I went home to take another flight to another destination. No wonder I’m missing Cebu so much!
- The Minions tried making mug cakes, and it was not bad for first timers — it was simple but tasty! :D
- I went to Smart Araneta Coliseum with the other Minions to join the Saved Festival. It’s a pretty good change since we don’t get to attend concerts that much in Cebu.
- Everybody’s getting into lettering/calligraphy, so I tried to do it myself. I started with my G-Tec pen, then I bought some cheap brush pens, but I didn’t find the latter as therapeutic as the former. Maybe it’s because I’m not really good with brushes. :))
- I had a 3-day Java training at our office in Eastwood. It was far, but the other Minions came to visit me with some other friends to have dinner. I didn’t like what I ordered at Wingstop, though. :P
- I bought a Kindle Paperwhite to get myself back to serious reading. It was an impulsive buy, but I’m liking the gadget so far. I’ve finished 2 books, and I’m still adding more to my to-read list and keeping up with my reading challenge. This might add to the reasons I don’t blog that much anymore. Haha!
- We invited some officemates-turned-friends (hehehe) over at our place to have a mini-party. There wasn’t any alcohol involved, but we had a great time with some games! Who said you have to get drunk to enjoy a party? :P
I have another trip coming up next week, and it’s gonna be another addition to my blog backlogs. Hopefully, I’ll be able to finish them all before this year ends! :)